Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Vanity Kills: Loving Lavender

A fresh take on a classic.


I'm guessing most women (and some men) have had the pleasure of a getting their nails done. Each season a million shades and hues of nail polish are released, making the decision of what color to choose very difficult. And during that fifteen minute waiting period before your manicure/pedicure that you have to choose your color, you might do what I do and just go by the old stand by- a french manicure. French manicures are classic and sophisticated, and like a pair of black stilettos go with anything. But after a while a french manicure can get really boring. Yes, changing up the color of your mani or getting a reverse french manicure is nothing new, but for those of you like me who don't have the guts to paint your nails orange, I have the solution.
The lavender french manicure!

Perfect for the spring, the lavender french manicure is the perfect way to switch things up. So instead of using a boring pale pink again, go for a more purple shade. However be careful, you don't want to do this with a very dark lavender. A light shade should do the trick, making your nails look sassy and classy.
So next time you're rushing to pick a color, go for a light lavender and ask your manicurist to give you a french mani/pedi. I promise you wont be disappointed!

Please help me write posts by commenting below and giving me ideas! I'll take all the help I can get!

See ya!

No comments: